Ableton Live! as looping clock and sequencer...

Here's a couple questions for the ladies and gentlemen out there using
Ableton's Live! sequencer in a looping context:

- I have read in the online manual that Live can sync to MIDI clock from an
external source, but I didn't see anything about it being able to generate
MIDI clock.  Can it generate MIDI clock?  This is important to me for
syncing an EDP to it and using cycle quantized commands.

- I didn't see anything in the manual about Live being able to play MIDI
clips, only digital audio.  Seems like MIDI is only implemented in Live to
provide parameter automation.  I currently program some EDP control
messages
into my sequences to control some aspects of the EDP during performance.
Does anyone know of any plans to provide the ability to playback MIDI clips
with Live?  Is a regular complaint about Live that it doesn't already have
this feature?

Sincerely seeking,

Jesse