RE: midi looper

> My thoughts: WindowingT with the EDP is all about redefining
> loop length.

windowing is about keeping the loop length and moving the start point.
long press of undo moves the start/end points in loop-sized increments,
short press allows moving it to the middle of a loop, but the size stays
the same in both cases.

it's lots of fun.

> BTW, I alerted Harvey Starr to the thread and expect him to start
>auditing this list (perhaps . . .) so I would appreciate it if anyone
>with the information would talk about how the EDP determines BPM by loop
>size.

there is a parameter called 8ths per cycle.  once a loop is created, bpm
is calculated using loop length and the 8ths per cycle setting.
i'm assuming it uses the formula:
8ths_per_cycle/2/((sample_count/sample_rate)/60)
i'm sure it would be optimized to avoid all the divides, though.
as i recall it, there was no fpu on the 68000...