Re: Preamps?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Shirkey" <jcshirke@midway.uchicago.edu>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 2:22 AM
Subject: RE: Preamps?

> >I really dig my Tech 21 PSA1. Something about that Analog Sansamp sound
> >I've never been able to get with the amp modelers.
>
> I read gushing, glowing reviews and really scathing, bad ones--which
> is typical for just about *any* product on the market, or so it seems
> to me. But I trust the opinions of people on this list, since pretty
> much all of you are high-end gear freaks? Am I not mistaken?? lol
>
> I will definitely test drive the Tech 21. Thanks.

I just bought a PSA-1, actually a couple of them. I don't know how I ended
up with two, but I need to sell one! If you are interested, $350+ shipping.
Manual included.

The thing I noticed about the PSA1 is whoever created the factory settings
was definately in hairband mode. I find most of them way too "heavy", but
in
a thin and buzzy way.

I'm finding if you tweak the knobs you can dial in all kinds of cool,
thick,
and greasy tones. Lot's of tonal control for sure.

I wonder how may of the bad reviews are based on the factory presets.

Paul