RE: gibson echoplex

>Yea, any company associated with Guitar Center is a bust to be sure.
>They hire people that are idiots driven by pushing product out the door
>at the highest price possible.

I agree Re: GC. However, is there really a difference between the big
music dealers--esp. when it comes to price? I have a good
relationship with my salesperson at Sweetwater, for instance, because
I feel like I get excellent pre-sales advice, and I know I can get
great support and service post-sale. But are their prices necessarily
any better than GC/Musician's Friend, Sam Ash, and so on? Not that I
can tell.

How do you folks make your gear purchase decisions? From whom do you buy?

Thanks,

Jeff