INTERNET and LOOPING

I just read an amazing statistic that made me appreciate our chances of
making a mark in the world
with this community of ours.

In the year 2000 there were 30 million computers connected to the World
Wide
Web

In the year 2005 it is estimated that there will be an estimated population
of 1 billion people on line.

It's a wave everyone and even though some of us have been surfing it since
1991 when the WWW was first started (although not
me, as I'm a relative four year old newbie) it's a wave that hasn't even
begun to crest.

I don't know why, but this made giddily happy tonight.

It's time to reach out to the world!      It's time to start inviting some
of the wonderful people that we communicate with
everyday on line here to come from far away and perform in our respective
communities.

In the beginning, these performances will not pay for
themselves.............We'll need to be wonderfully generous hosts and put
people up and get gigs and publicity for them and buy them a beer for there
efforts and not be paid for ours...............................yet!
It doesn't matter...............what matters is the
connection...................what matters is the community that we are
building.      What matters is the music, first and foremost.

Bless this style-less, instrument non-specific, genre-less, creative and
generous community.

Let's surf  the international loop.

I'm off to buy a digital wetsuit.

Surf's up!