Boss RC-20 with Digitech FS-300

I picked up a used Boss RC-20 Loop Station today without a manual, and
noticed the manual online (thanks Goddess) mentioned that an optional
footswitch (also not included with my RC-20) can be used to switch the
reverse function on or off, or the footswitch could be used to switch
between the (up to) ten saved phrases.

The stores being closed, I thought I'd try the Digitech FS-300 3-button
footswitch I'd bought to use with my Electrix Repeater. I wanted to
report the results:

a) plugged into the Reverse socket, the FS-300 did switch between reverse
and not-reverse, but only with the A and C buttons. The B button did
nothing.

b) plugged into the phrase shift socket, none of the three buttons on the
FS-300 footswitch did anything.

I searched the archives and didn't see a mention of this, I hope this
isn't redundant.

best,
Steve Burnett
Subscape Annex