repeater theater

Hello Loopers,

Perhaps of interest to some, and dead boring to others...

I'm creating music for a show in this year's SF Fringe Festival. In
addition to the usual looped cello-schtick, I'll have a second Repeater
to capture pieces of text spoken in the show by performer Sara Kraft.
And if the stars are aligned, my midi pedal will trigger a video camera
to capture her movements for video artist Greg Cowley to loop and
manipulate in real-time (Oh I pray it all works. The show runs for 8
nights, so we might have things more stable after the first night).

Here are the details....

COUNTLESS
A theatrical, musical, and cinematic lucid dream on the joy of
repetition

Best of SF Fringe 2002 winner Sara Kraft (Woods for the Trees) returns
to the festival with a brand new venue and two new collaborators:
cellist and composer Zoë Keating (Rasputina, Charles Atlas) and
electronic media artist Gregory Cowley (Transcinema, TEST).  Rx Gallery
hosts this collision of physical theatre, live music, multi-media and
interactive technology.  COUNTLESS fuses Kraft’s hypnotic movement,
stories and song with Keating’s live, electronically looped cello
orchestrations and Cowley’s projected manipulations of photography,
video and live interactive technology.  Ed Purver, Kraft's
co-conspirator in "Woods for the Trees", also makes a special guest
appearance!

COUNTLESS will be the first live performance event to inaugurate the
newly opened Rx Gallery (www.rxgallery.com).  Rx is a new media art
gallery and lounge founded by renowned art and technology organization
Blasthaus (www.blasthaus.com) with Gregory Cowley.  Rx is also
currently featuring “The Art of Machines”, an exhibit of machine
artists, sculptors and roboticists.

Sept. 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14
All shows at 8:30pm EXCEPT Saturday shows at 10:00pm
At Rx Gallery (www.rxgallery.com)
132 Eddy St. btwn Taylor and Mason, downtown San Francisco
Near the Powell St. BART station and three doors down from the Exit
Theatre, which hosts the Fringe Festival.
Tickets $8.00 and available only at the venue beginning 30 minutes
before show times. CASH ONLY.  Limited reservations accepted.  Fringe
Festival passes are available at the EXIT venues and at TIX Bay Area at
Union Square beginning August 22 ($55 for ten Fringe shows).
All shows start on time and there is no late seating.
Reservations and info: (415) 282-8525
Festival hotline: (415) 647-3847
www.zoekeating.com/countless or www.sffringe.org