Re: MPX-100 as looper

john-supposedly in the special effects section of mpx100
there is one setting that has "infinite loop" and it's supposed
to be a second or 2. in all honesty, i have played w/ it and
i've never gotten it to work ever. i have fiddled w/ all the knobs
(mix, adjust)
for different variations, and nothing.  but i have used the 5.5 second
long mono delay in conjunction w/ my dod d-12 (12 sec delay loop),
and got some interesting results--sort of a budget rfripp sound,
since i think he's running usually 2 tc2290 units (or more?)
the 5.5 sec delay is set at a standard 30% feedback (i think).
so it's not a true loop device, but it has yielded interesting
sounds/textures/results for me. but in all honesty, i can't get
the infinate loop thing to work on the mpx100.

my real wish for the mpx100 series was that the parameter that could
be manipulated (adjust knob) was the feedback instead of the length
of delay, which is what the 5.5 sec mono delay does.

so that's my experience, i've gotten better results w/ my digitech rp100
(2 sec), digitech dsp256xl (1.5 sec) in getting short sustained loops.

my 2 cents....
s---