Re: Looking for original TransTrem

well, if you contact ed roman (world class guitars), you might have
some luck, be prepared to shell out some $$$$$, the prices he charges
are quite high (but
he has a lot of original steinberger stock).

in all honesty, i'm not sure why you'd want an orginal, ttrem,
i had one on my original gl3t (built in early '86), and after i
changed the strings from
the guy i bought it from, i could never get the thing to work, so i
just used it as a standard trem. but the treaded ball ends were tricky
to change. and of course i never knew how to set it up....
of course now, after i've had some experience building a guitar i know
how to set up guitars, and would be able to set intonation, etc,
but alas, the guitar has long been sold.....onwards to new things i
guess....

good luck, you might want to just check ebay and see if any of the early
steinbergers go up for sale and hope that they have good pics of trem area
so you can make sure it's got the original, if that's what you want.
s---
ps-you also might want to check the steinberger world yahoo group....