From: "kam6" <kam6@inregina.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 5:59 PM
Subject: Echoplex DP instant replay

Hello - I have an EDP whiteface which I bought about 2 years ago. The
problem
I have is that I haven't found an "instant replay", on its loopmaking
capabilities. I explain:

With a regular delay, we hit the note and replay immediately starts, length
based on the feedback amount and the ms/sec amount of delay available. On
the
EDP, we have to first hit "record", play the note, then hit "record" again,
and only then the loop replay starts.

The above on the EDP causes a hassle. If I'm swelling notes with a volume
pedal and only one foot is available, I have to actually stop the action on
the pedal in order to hit the "record" button again. This creates a gap in
the
performance.

On the King Crimson video "Three Of A Perfect Pair - Live In Japan" of
1986,
we can see Robert Fripp starting the show with a looping sequence. Fripp is
just swelling notes and they get instantly recorded and replayed. Then he
starts soloing atop of the loop. There are no gaps in his performance -
whatever unit he is using has that "instant replay" capability (16-sec DD?)
This is the type of looping I want to get with the EDP, without hitting the
"record" button twice.

Does anybody know if the EDP can do the above "instant replay"? Does it
have
any "infinite" mode? If not, which unit can do this? Thanks in advance.

Carlos Najar