Electro Harmonix Super Replay - Help a newbie!

I'm new to the list and i'm wanting to know if anyone has experience of the Electro Harmonix Super Replay sampler.

I recently bought one second hand and i cannot get the damn thing to work! The pedal powers up and the record level controls work fine - i can alter the level of my guitar signal etc - but when i try to record my guitar, nothing happens.  The record indicator light flashes, but no recording is played back.

Help!

Gareth