Re: repeater midi clock

I see this also, but by all evidence only as a read-out discrepancy, not
as
a real timing inaccuracy. I can have a sequencer at 120, the readout might
say 120.0 or 120.1 but after letting the loop run for many many times
(30mins?), there will be no discernible shift (of course). It might be
that
due to the adaptability/tracking (rather than hard lock) that the Repeater
offers, the readout is a result of a longer-term running average
calculation
- combined with a rounding artefact. Someone with knowledge of the
algorithm
could tell, but those souls apparently don't roam this forum anymore (or
do
they?).

Nic

>From: Paul Greenstein <paul@ubiq.co.uk>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: repeater midi clock
>Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:12:02 +0100
>
>Has anyone else encountered minor inaccuracies when MIDI clocking a
>Repeater from a sequencer? I'm using Logic 6.2. For example, I set
>Logic's
>tempo to 120 bpm, the Repeater thinks a bit, agrees, but then finally
>settles on 120.1...
>I don't see it as a major problem, but is does seem slightly strange.
>

>Paul Greenstein

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet
access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com