DD 20 vs RC 20

Subject: Re: boss rc 20 vs DD 20

>>by the way what is the minimum loop length?

Well I can speak for the DD 20 - It's pretty short - as short as you can
hit
the switch twice -- I estimate at least 1/4 sec or less...

But this is where they LAMED OUT... What's missing from the RC20 is a basic
delay - even that little bit of time/vol adjustable delay in the Line 6 DL4
really makes such a huge difference.., had Boss put that into the RC20 it
would rule. But - they want you to buy the DD20 - which is more akin to the
DL4 - tones of delay types, one looper. Unlike the DL4 - you can go
IMMEDIATELY to the looper from a delay preset.

So - in the looping area ALONE - the DD20 lets you do:

-amazingly short glitches
-any loop time up to 23sec
-overdub to the loop continually
-play over the loop with any delay time up to 23 sec
(basically a 2nd loop if your feedback is set correctly)

BUT OF COURSE -The lame thing BOSS did was to prevent you from saving the
loop - once you hit STOP, the loop is gone!! (of course - creative use of a
volume pedal or a/b switch can juts pull the loop in/out - but dammit...!
it's just a bummer that a company that makes so many great devices - has
this endemic habit of doing that in their gear.

-andre'