Re: who here uses MIDI?

  Hey Andre!, Thanks for the shout out!  -was just about to give ya one
too, from yer' last post.   lol!   How ya doin'?   Say hi to Don and Ike
and the rest of the Proj for me if ya get a chance, K?
  Hey, ya know, one of these days we'll have to hook up and play a bit and
do a little loopin' eh?!   -Sorry we didn't get a chance to play at all
while you guys were here, but perhaps the next go-round.
  I'll be in CT and NYC for the holidays/new years, and may be playing a
bit, so feel free to e-mail or call if you'd like.   -Hope you and yours
are doing absolutely wonderfully!   Happiest of holidays to ya.   <smile>

Smiles,

Cara

   At 07:10 PM 12/18/03 -0500, you wrote:
>> From: Andy Morris [mailto:apmorris59@hotmail.com]
>
>> How many loopers here use MIDI? I don't know exactly how it works. It
>>may be > something I'd like to get acquainted with. Can anyone give me a
brief
>>explanation or tell me what you do with MIDI yourself?
>
>Midi is so useful fro WHT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR... And that's it -and it's
>GREAT at that stuff - most of the major point were concisely covered by
>Cara
>(hey Cara!)
>
>I use it in looping gigs for :
>
>-program change - multi fx units, delays, synth patches
>-extensive control of the Digitech Dimension 12 - and almost totally
>ignored
>24 sec looper , all controls can be done with simple MIDI prog-change. A
>unique idea
>-occ. triggering samples or synth from a GK-2A equipped axe
>-inputting and setting up simple 'sequence loops' on an old Roland MSQ
>100 -
>great MIDI Looper - u can find these real cheap.
>
>Haven't dome it yet - but with tmy ELECTRIX stuff - you can save most or
>all
>of the knob movements as MIDI info!! - so - one can sequence a few minutes
>of knob twiddling on say - the filter factory - and apply it while
>performing new material....
>
>Many people have ignored MIDI thru the 2 decades it's been extant - on the
>basis of the 'tracking problems' - that's a bummer - since it's only 1% of
>what you can do with it - It's simply a message protocol.
>
>The philosophy I'd love to see MORE OF is.. "Find what a technology can do
>musically and do it all. Then do some stuff it wasn't designed to do.
>Accept
>that every unit cant be like every other unit - and keep pushing for NEW
>STUFF to be invented." All these things CAN be concurrent.....

---

  View my online portfolio at:
http://www.onemodelplace.com/model_list.cfm?ID=52516
  -Last updated on Wed. 12.17.03

-Then, anything is possible..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~thefates

Please visit BadFiction and The Guitar Cafe.