RE: EDP function recommendation (or question)

> At 07:57 PM 12/30/2003, Glenn Poorman wrote:
> >I think it would be cool to be able to set the EDP with
> >two loops and always use the second loop to do small variations
> >on the original. In other words ... first time through you
> >record your loop. Kick to the next loop with sound copy and
> >add something. Go back to the first loop. Then (here's the
> >tricky part), kick back to the second with just a copy of
> >the first.
>
> I'm not sure I totally get what you want to do, but you can
> copy to a loop at any time using Next-Multiply with switchquant
> on.

Yes but there is a difference in behavior depending on whether
the next loop is empty or not. I want to be able to frequently
go from loop 1 to loop 2 and have it behave as if loop 2 were
empty every time. In other words, create loop 1, copy that to
loop 2, add some stuff, and then throw all that away when I
music.

The only reason I mentioned resetting a loop that wasn't currently
playing is that the computer geek in my was trying to think of
an operation that was a bit more general purpose that would also
give me what I'm after.

This might be a rookie question, but, you mention "Next-Multiply"
and I saw Mark mention "Insert-Multiply", "Overdub-Multiply", etc,
etc. Whenever I hit "Next" into an empty loop, the EDP always goes
into Multiple mode. Is this behavior parameter controlled?

Glenn