Echoplex foot controller problems, anyone use the Behringer FCB1010 as a substitute?

Hey,
    After only about 4 months of use, my Echoplex foot controller is having
problems. The Overdub button is acting really flaky and is completely
unreliable. I've read that I can probably clean it or something but I keep
hearing about people having problems with it. I'd rather just start using
my
MIDI controller instead. Does anybody use the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot
pedal controler with an Echoplex Digital Pro Plus? I can probably figure
out
how to get it to issue the right control changes, I just want to know if
there are any issues that I might run into that people have already figured
out how to work around.

    Thanks,

        Dave

http://www.unpronounceable.com/dave/