Re: [LOOP] RE: Recording on a Powerbook

"Daniel Mayfield" <bootstick@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Digidesign developed a 001 rack unit which lets you record 8 analogue
> inputs, I don't think that they still make it but there are ones still
> around to buy as people upgrade their existing systems. For the price
> range your looking at there is no better system than this as you get Pro
> Tools software! (Mac and ProTools user and big fan)

Digidesign discontinued the 001 (rackmount with PCI card, meaning
almost impossible/at best highly impractical to use with a Powerbook
laptop) and has now replaced the 001 with the 002 Rackmount version (using
Firewire instead of needing a PCI card) at the same retail cost they
previously sold the 001 for. If you don't mind the PCI card, here's a lot
of 001s on ebay, cheaper than they used to be.

best,
Steve B
Subscape Annex
http://www.subscapeannex.com/