RC 20 or Boomerang

Title: RC 20 or Boomerang

I have a question: I am just getting started in composing loop-based guitar music. I just purchased a Boss DD 20 which I run into a Boss BR 1180 digital recorder. I am now focusing on the purchase of a loop dedicated piece of equipment: either the RC 20 or the Boomerang. I am having trouble figuring out which one to buy. I think the RC 20 will fit perfectly into the chain that I already have and I suspect the sound quality into the BR 1180 should be good, since my stuff is all BOSS. However I am not sure if the RC 20 will give me the freedom to experiment and create "spontaneous and evolving" loop based music like the Boomerang. The Boomerang sounds good and it falls into my price range but I am concerned about how it will sound when recorded (I have heard it is noisy). I think there is a question in here somewhere. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I would love to get the EDP but I have a mortgage and 2 young boys. Thanks. Danny Miller