Reverse Looping w/ Gibson Echoplex

i'm sorry, my question may have been misinterpreted.  i need to know whether it is possible to throw the initial loop in reverse, keeping it in reverse the whole while reverse overdubs are placed over it.  I need to know if the direction of the loop and consecutive overdubs is independent.  what i don't want to have to do is keep switching the loop forward and reverse in a live performance in order to get the loop and all it's overdubs in reverse fashion. (example: throw loop in reverse--without changing direction of loop at all, lay overdubs in reverse in top of initial loop) does this clarify?
thanks,
neil