RE: My first looping performance

Daniel, congrats on your first looping performance.

Even though I've had a DL-4 delay pedal for a few
years now, my first public looping performance was
actually on my Apple iBook, running Numerology and
FM7.  I believe I'm one of the 1 out of 10. ;)

I got turned on to Numerology by Mark S's posts on
this list.  This first performance was mostly
improvised.  The only prep work I did was select one
of the example patches that came with Numerology,
rearrange some of the notes in the Control Sequencer
module, and reroute the MIDI output to FM7.  I treated
Numerology as an instrument on which to improvise - I
messed around with the Gate Sequencer sliders, the
Dual LFO module settings, clock division settings,
tempo settings, etc. while it cycled over and over
through its sequencer modules.  The audience reacted
with laughter.  I found out later it wasn't because I
took the sequencers through a wide range of tempi,
beat divisions, etc. or I was using a 16-tone just
intonation tuning, but because there was a video
running behind me of little kids chasing each other.

Paolo