Re: Ableton Live attention Per Boyson

I currently use Ableton Live, but not for real-time-recorded / live looping
(just haven't got there yet, mostly (I'm relatively new to Ableton -- used
to be a Fruityloops guy, until I found Ableton...A is for AMAZING.
Anyway,
I also think my soundcard MAY be too slow (it's an older ECHO Gina 2-in,
6-out.... any opinions on that?).

Anyway, for live looping, I sync'd Ableton as a clock master to my Repeater
(which I love), and we've been having a great time together, along w/the
mixer, effects gear, etc....

My question is this: Anyone have any opinions on the the
Ableton-as-a-looper
setup vs. Ableton+Repeater-as-a-looper?  I understand the layering /
overdubbing "plus" of the Repeater vs. the single-pass recording on Live,
and the multiple-tracks-in-parallel "plus" of Abletonn; but are their any
other pros / cons to consider?

I'm having a great time in "live looping land" these days -- which, in many
respects, is new territory for me.  Thanks to all who post here; I'm soakin
it up like a sponge.  : )

Cass