Re: [LOOP] cricket sounds?

-----Original Message-----
From: burnett@pobox.com [mailto:burnett@pobox.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 9:51 AM

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Damon Grossman wrote:

>> where do you get cricket sounds?

>In my situation as I wrote: from listening to the crickets in the tank in
>the next room. In David's case, I would hazard a guess that he was either
>speaking metaphorically, or simply had a window open nearby :).

>There's more than one recording that uses insect sounds, including "Chaos
>and the Emergent Mind of the Pond" on David Dunn's _Angels and Insects_
>album (not to be confused with the film score by the Balanescu Quartet
>for the unrelated film of the same name), Graeme Revell's album _Insect
>Musicians_ (which I think I have as released under another name as well),
>and I think there's one by Clan of Xymox I forget the name of right now
>(sorry).

And as a shameless plug, there's "From a Window - 1a.m." from my LP
"Dimensions." The crickets were an inspiration for creating the piece.
They didn't need to be looped, as they were doing that all by themselves,
along with some Reich-ian phasing going on.

James Bailey
host: Electric Storm / A Missing Sense
CKLN-FM 88.1 Toronto www.ckln.fm
electricstorm@ckln.fm