Re: asynchronous loops and the DD-20

Doug,

In a message dated 5/23/04 8:25:51 AM, coyotelk@optonline.net writes:

>> Now isn't this exactly what we've been discussing re. the DD-20?

In a word: YES

>>Could somebody please answer this: how accurate is the time setting
>>on the DD-20?

The LED windo is 4 digits and an moving decimal point scheme
that changes depending on how long the loop setting is.

When you are talking about delays from less than a second up
to single didgit seconds it will it will read like:

0.275, 1.534, 5.589, etc., etc., . . . up to 9.999

giving, more-or-less, one thousandth of a second accuracy. I
dont know what the shortest setting is ths numbbers above
are just examples.

When it gets to 10 through 23 it shifts to a display reads like:

10.40, 13.11, 19.42, etc., etc., . . . up to 23.00

The displays accuracy then is in hundredths of a second.

For right now that's all I can say without going out and firing
up the unit itself.

So . . . yes you can definitely do asynchronous loops and have
them going alogn as long as you want if the feedback is set
to 100 percent. It gets even more fun running two of them
together.

I feel kind of silly answering questions about a unit that only
a few days ago had me totally baffled. But there you have it.

Cheers,

Ted