Re: Ebay echoplexi... (spoiler: Gibson bashing thread)

At 70 degrees F the speed of sound is 1129.5 ft per sec.  So figure 1.1
ft per millisecond.  A device like the Repeater, with a 11 msec latency
will sound as if it's 12.1 feet away from you.  The fact that you don't
hear an electric guitar from the source means the guitar has a natural
latency based on the fact that the sound source isn't in your hands.
So add another 5 feed in my studio, more when I play out.  My mind
seems to instantly compensate for this.  I wonder what makes some
people so much more sensitive to this than others?  Maybe you get used
to it.  Not a single instrument I own has 0 latency due to digital
conversion or MIDI latency.  The plus side is it makes my studio seem
bigger to me in a subliminal way, I guess.  People have always told me
that I'm not "all there" so maybe that's it.  I'm over there a bit.

Mark