Re: Ebay echoplexi... (spoiler: Gibson bashing thread)

> At 70 degrees F the speed of sound is 1129.5 ft per sec.  So figure 1.1
> ft per millisecond.  A device like the Repeater, with a 11 msec latency

When I was evaluating our digital recording system, I noticed that a snare
hit was being picked up by the other drum microphones at different times. I
thought it was a bug in the software or recording hardware until I did the
calculations and determined that the delays were due to the speed of sound.
:-)

Natural and unnatural latency will always exist. It's important to minimize
this latency where possible. I think that analog pedals will always have a
minimal amount of latency compared to digital pedals. I haven't measured
that though. I should try that out sometime. We all need to be aware that
the more digital processing we do to our signal, the more latency will
exist. Effects manufacturers aren't likely to advertise this or even make
it
obvious in their specs. It's a good thing to keep in mind though.

- Dave