Asynchronous looping setups

I couldn't help myself and I ordered an Electro-harmonix 16 second
delay reissue.  I hope it's as cool as the original is reported to be.
Anyway, my plan is to go out and be able to do asynchronous looping
using an amp modeler, Boss Giga Delay and the EH16.  I'd be really
interested in hearing how others deal with a setup like that.  Would
you run both units mono?  How would you switch between them so one
isn't always feeding the other?  Patchbay?  My hope is go go very lean
gear wise with this setup.  Maybe a switcher pedal into a mixer?  The
end result might go into a guitar amp, but might end up going into a
PA.

Mark