Re: Asynchronous looping setups

On Jun 27, 2004, at 1:36 PM, Mark Sottilaro wrote:
> asynchronous looping using an amp modeler, Boss Giga Delay and the
> EH16.  I'd be really interested in hearing how others deal with a
> setup like that.  Would you run both units mono?  How

what about a small mixer?

Gtr->Modeller->A/B->loopers->mixer->amplification

if the Jigga Delay had a real mix control i'd say gtr->mixer->auxes
into loopers set all wet->mixer->amp

that would alleviate the problems of having to switch destination AND
punch in to the loop, letting you merely punch into the loop.

i am strongly considering a pair of Jigga Delays multed out of a single
output, mixed into either side of a balanced connection to phase-cancel
the dry signal. but that would only work with two identical devices,
not a Jigga Delay and a 16 Second Delay. oh well.

however, the logistics problems with where to mount the DD-20s, and my
desire to spin the looping rig off into a smaller rack for organ gigs
will probably keep me from committing to a dual Jigga Delay purchase.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com