Kid Beyond in Boston

Howdy, fellow loopers -- Kid Beyond here.
Normally San Francisco-based, I've got a
show in Cambridge MA this weekend that
y'all Boston-area folks might be interested in.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

  SUN, JULY 11 -- 7pm

  BALL IN THE HOUSE
  with KID BEYOND

  RYLES JAZZ CLUB
  212 Hampshire St.
  Cambridge MA
  (617) 876-9330

  All ages ~ $10

  http://www.rylesjazz.com
  http://www.ballinthehouse.com
  http://www.kidbeyond.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I do live-looping of voice -- singing, throat
singing, beatboxing, vocal turntablism, vocal
guitarsviolinsharmonicas, etc. -- to create
a one-man a cappella band.

I use Ableton Live, controlled by a Ground
Control Pro pedalboard at my feet. (I never
touch the laptop during the show.)

My music is on the funk / R&B / trip-hop
side of things, with a spiritual thrown in for
good measure. It's not as improvisatory
as most live-looping; it's predefined songs
with words and such.

As the East Bay Express (a paper here in
the San Francisco area) wrote:

  Watching Kid Beyond one-man-vocal-
  percussionist-band his way through
  Portishead's "Wandering Star" is truly
  mesmerizing. "That's the best live thing
  I've ever seen," the dude behind me
  pants when it's over.

Or you can just take my word for it --
it kicks butt.