loopers-coffee time

...And is not only the coffee but the whole
atmosphere, intimacy and style of the coffee locations
what makes it special (something starbucks doesn´t
have.)Besides,why trade a nice cup of coffee served in
a nice ceramic cup for an overpriced carton or
sterofoam big gulp!
but speaking of live music in small cafés;another
factor that is sadly affecting the hiring of musicians
in small venues here in europe is the copyright fee
bar owners are obligated to pay.In Germany you are as
a bar owner obligated to give the musician a form to
fill out with a list of the titles of the pieces you
have performed and its respective composer/songwriter
name.This royalites are suppose to go to the musicians
off course.As a songwriter it seems very attractive
since you get a piece of it but bar owners won´t hire
you to avoid the fee if you demand a list.Most of them
do it under the able but recently die GEMA(equivalent
of ASCAP BMI)has been cracking bar owners and hitting
them hard with overdue bills!
L.a

=====
www.luis-angulo.com