computer emulated DL4 pedal ?

Ok, after a lot more research I've finally figured out what I've been trying to achieve with my recent "real-time loop computer" emails...

I'm trying to figure out if there is any way computer-emulate a LINE 6 DL4 DELAY EFFECTS MODELER PEDAL
http://www.line6.com/productDetail.html?model=31

One of my favorite artists, howie day, uses this exact pedal to do real time guitar loops during his songs.  Here's an example of how he builds up loops during his songs: (2.16 megs)

http://members.cox.net/jmcqueen2/howie_day-bunnies_low_quality_1.mp3

So basically that’s what I'm trying to do... I've been tooling around with 2 VST plugins:

ELOTTRONIX XL - http://www.uv.es/~ruizcan/p_vst.htm

Lexicon PSP42 - http://www.pspaudioware.com/indexen.html?url=http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/psp42.html;

I don’t think Elottronix XL or Lexicon PSP42 will do what I want.  I KNOW that the DL4 does what I want, but I’m trying to do it with a computer before I having to pay 180 bucks for a real DL4.  Any suggestions or help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

-Jared