loops for film/theatre

I've played looping music with live films several times --
my favorite was a performance in a garden in the east village in nyc, where
a projectionist projected a 16mm black and white film on me (I was wearing
white shirt, and the projection covered my shirt and face, and spilled out
to the environment behind me) while I played.
the film was a short film someone filmed in NYC I think maybe in the 1930s
or 1940s -- I don't even know its title, but someone basically filmed
people
(mostly children) in the street.  Kids dancing, people leaning out of the
windows smoking cigarettes -- it was perfect for looping, and very magical
because of the combination of intimacy (lots of closeup face photography)
and history.  And I'm a big fan of black and white . . .