Re: Repeater bugs list

Here is my list. I consider myself a heavy user, and in an attempt to
eliminate human error as much as possible (i.e. that I'm not sending
superfluous midi messages), I have applied similar bug-tracking logic
that I would use in the software realm to the problem. The following is
what I've determined are bugs in my unit, ONLY when controlling the
Repeater with the FCB1010. I have not had the opportunity to use
another midi pedal, so this is clearly a major limitation of my
investigation! Does it happen with the Ground Control, for example?

The following 3 items are what I think of as true bugs (I have a
separate list of irritating things that are really feature requests!):

1) send PC message to "Multiply" - occasionally* (see below)  the loop
will speed up (without changing the BPM indicated in the LCD). If you
press "Undo" the loop goes back to its regular speed, OR if you wait a
few seconds it will slow down and reach its regular speed.

2) send PC message to "Record" - occasionally* will arm Track 3 & 4 for
stereo recording.

3) Metronome turns on - This has only happened a handful of times, all
in performance after hitting something on the foot controller. I have
not been able to replicate it and so can't say what message, if any, is
causing it!  It is extremely alarming when it happens because my music
is suddenly overwhelmed by a loud TICK TICK TICK. My main goal then is
to get it TO SHUT THE F*** UP and each time I've powered down the
Repeater in a hurry, forgetting whatever it was that I just pressed.

*occasionally:
Both these things will begin to happen continually when I've been using
the Repeater for a long stretch, say 30 minutes. They will continue to
happen until I power down the unit. For this reason, I have the
Repeater on a separate power strip, both so that I can shut the unit
off inbetween songs, in the event of an emergency. Recently I've taken
to powering down between each song as a prophylactic measure,
attempting to stop #1 and #2 from happening in the first place.  Seems
to work.

At first I though perhaps sending too many messages with one foot press
was the issue (for instance "Record" + "Feedback level" + "Pan Trk 1" +
"Pan Trk 2"). So I pared down the patches to send single messages
(clunky!!). After about half an hour of use, I would still get #1 and
#2 to happen.

That is my experience.