Re:CFC Speeds for Repeater

     Tom,

     Get thee to the Repeater-Users Yahoo group!  There is a guy there who
has developed a PC
utility which will import and export .wav files to and from the Repeater.
It's an awesome bit of
reverse engineering, it only took him about 400 hours!  He's asking $15
for a license, otherwise
you have about 3 hours of functionality to check it out.  His website:

     http://www.geocities.com/piggyfinger/index.html

     Before this, loops could be imported into the Repeater ONLY if you
were replacing an existing
loop of exactly the same length.  Now .wav files up to 8 minutes can be
easily imported.  Of
course you will need some sort of CFC reader on your computer.  These are
simple to find as USB
devices, some computers come with them nowadays.

     Stephen  (Greetings from Seattle)

<<Are you saying you can drag loops from the computer to the CFC with no
problem?  Is that pre-existing repeater loops, or have you been able to
load audio files in somehow?  I've been under the impression that it
was an easy thing to copy loops off of Repeater CFCs, but that it was
basically impossible to say take wav files from Pro Tools, load them
onto a Repeater CFC and have it recognize them.  I remember something
somewhere about how such files would have to exactly replace existing
Repeater files or something. (???)

-Tom