From: "loop.pool" <looppool@cruzio.com>
Sent: Jan 30, 2005 5:42 AM
To: "LOOPERS DELIGHT (posting)" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Re: emulating a cheap sampling toy

I just bought a XONIX watch at Fry's.   It was $139 dollars with a $30
rebate.

It has a cheap microphone onboard and 256 megs of RAM.    It will record
anything you record
(with a ton of onboard noise to go with your sample) and play it back with
stereo headphones (yes, it has
a mini-mini stereo jack on it).

It also (get this) has a USB connector underneath the watch band and you
can
upload or download files, mp3,
.wmv files and the aforementioned recordings to your PC (sorry Mac
folks........another wierd assed program that only
works on the dark side of the computer world).

What a wonderful world we live in, eh?

I bought it to start recording lyric ideas for my next record, but I've
found myself recording all kinds of wierd
'found' and industrial sounds.       One sound I got recorded was of a
sliding glass door that sounded as if it was
some banshee screaming from hell on another planet..................such a
cool and musical sound.