Re: Larry - it's about MUSIC.

On Feb 17, 2005, at 5:46 AM, Jeff Evans wrote:

> Larry,
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you've used Finale for all this
> composing, couldn't you post midi files of all these compositions
> somewhere for us enjoy? If you like, I'll offer up a portion of my
> server for you to use for free.

Jeff,

I can post myself.  Thanks for the offer.  Yes Finale has MIDI.  There
is a problem with some though as to layers.  If I have an accidental in
one layer and the next layer uses the same note which carries the
accidental in the previous layer, in the same measure, then by music
nomenclature I don't have to repeat the accidental but the note plays
wrong.  My music is full of that kind of stuff.  So if I post MIDI I
will have clashing accidentals.  Maybe some don't have this problem and
I'll start weeding them out.

I also found out last night that I can post in wav. format.  Do most
people have the ability to hear that?

> Midi files are quite small. You could convey your music to many, if
> not the vast majority, of the members of this list with nothing more
> than a midi file, and a small piece of direction to indicate your
> preferred instrument type(s). No, you won't have complete control of
> the final piece, but it's all about the composition, right?
>
> That's my offer. I'll host your midi files free of charge. If you
> discover some audio, I'll host that as well. At this point, it will
> require some bravery on your part, but what the hell.

Bravery?  How could this possibly scare me?  It's just the time.  I've
got a business and family life.  A little at a time.
Larry Cooperman
New Millennium Guitar
http://www.newmillguitar.com