Re: mac recording question

In a message dated 2/26/05 11:06:34 AM, Nemoguitt@aol.com writes:

<< i will try to work with the USB port and
see what the heck is up with it >>

Hi
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you play a cd or dvd on the mac
it
will automatically change the monitoring source and it may not
automatically
revert back to a 'Sound In' source if you launch an audio software editor.

I've not used USB audio input so I don't know if it applies, but I nearly
always go in and check the system sound monitoring source in the control
panels
to verify what is currently active. So if Peak or M-audio use a usb to
Sound-in
link then you might need to check that settings have not been altered by
some
previous usage.

sorry if that is too obvious.

regards