Re: mac recording question

Title: Re: mac recording question
At 2:06 PM -0500 2/26/05, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

he sound in an A-B comparison is reveling, the sound with the direct audio in is a bit more "airy" in it's sound, it has a different character to it than the "live" sound.

I notice that you use fairly neutral terms to describe the difference ("airy" and "different character"), rather than "better" and "worse.' This can be a good thing since it leaves you open-minded to take advantage of different options without the kind of prejudice that comes from a "more expensive is better" attitude. You can take advantage of what you get from different techniques, though as you gain experience you can also develop and understanding of why some people might say that something is "better" than something else ("better in what way" you might ask).

also take into consideration that my hearing is getting worse by the day except for the ringing which gets louder and louder.....

Reminds me of the old Latin Christmas song (Jingle Bells):

Tinniat, tinniat, tintinablum
Labimur in glacie, post mulum curtum

But seriously, one's hearing may get worse but one's listening can still get better.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://salamandersongs.com