Best for looping live

Hi everyone!
I used to have a digitech sampler/delay but it fell into disuse based on
the
music I was doing.  I want to get back into sound on sound and some basic
looping and digital delays but things have evolved so much in the 7 years
since
I last used sample/delay/sos. I play solo with an acoustic guitar on stage.

After tons of reading, I went and bought a DD20 Giga Delay *and* the RC20
yesterday form Guitar Center.  I played some last night and found the
volume
output from the pedals kinda wimpy.  I can live with that. Having said
that,
the giga-delay didn't really float my boat.  not sure why, but it seems
kinda
overkill and funky for stage use.  It's got great sound but for some reason
it's not sounding the way I expected it to.  The RC20 is kinda cool and it
seemed to be more friendly for stage performance but still a little
cumbersome
in some ways.

Since these are being used primarily for LIVE performances, anyone have any
ideas on what I could do? I'm thinking of returning the DD20 and possibly
the
RC20 (though I got it to do some cool stuff) because of it's *immediate*
cutoff
on the looping.  (Heck for the money for both of these ,I could midi-ize
the
guitar instead, which would take me in a slightly different
direction-granted)

Thoughts?

Thanks!

~peace~