Re: [LOOP] Keystroke translator

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, mrweasel wrote:

> Hi
> I am looking for a small software that can transform keystrokes into
>other
> keystrokes, while running in the background.
> I have a usb notepad on my main keyboard that I use for Cubase and
>Reason,
> but Reason won't let you configure most of the key shortcuts.
> Such a program would be quite useful as my laptop is not very easy to
>reach
> in my studio.
> I got the Bome midi translator, which is already quite handy, as it can
> transform midi into keystrokes, but a keystroke to keystroke translator
> would be brilliant.
> Cheers

This isn't quite what you're asking for, but I wanted to mention it:

Steim's junxion application.

http://www.steim.org/steim/junxion.html

"junXion is a Mac OS X data routing application that allows the connection
of any USB game controller and defines, in an easy user interface, the
translation of each key or joystick action into a specific MIDI event. The
resulting MIDI data is then available to any audio/music software that
runs on that Mac or can be send to external MIDI interfaces."

I'm using junxion in an upcoming performance piece. I tested it, it works
wonderfully.

best,
Steve B
Phasmatodea    http://www.phasmatodea.net/