Ripped off by a "fellow" looper! :-(

 Ok,
 I've been very very cool and patient  about this matter and I'm sorry if
this is Off topic but I dont know what else to do:

 several months ago, in November I sent a message to LD (I've been a
somehow
quiet meber of this list for almost 7 years) asking for a trade,My Repeater
for an EDP.

  Well,
 BRIAN HAMLIN from the 6 Brackendale Av
Pitsea
Basildon
Essex

 In the U.k said that wanted to make the trade. He is supposedly a member
of
this list as well, so, as I am one of those internet old timers who think
the net is based on a good will principle I sent him my repeater (wich he
got) and he said he did the same with his EDP.

  obviously, the EDP never got here and since he claimed that he'd send it
with PARCELFORCE the it's not possible to track anything with this british
service.

  For a while he told me that he had made a claim to know where his EDP was
and everything, he asked me to be patient and blah blah blah.

  Then nothing.he just banished.

 I'd like to know if I can make some kind of claim with the british police
or something (I am in France) I have all his mails and stuff, I have my
tracking number from La poste and I can demonstrate that I sent him my
repeater.

  I know this is a long shot, but if anyone can give a few suggestions,
tips
or pointers on what to do besides cooking my rage and frustration on
getting
ripped off like an amateur will be greatly appreciated.

 Thank you very much in advance.

 Andy Soto  in Paris.