RE: AW: All-Laptop live?? (was RE: RE: A poll--shoes off?)

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:
> Mhmmm...correct me if I'm wrong, but...
> The buffers are used to compensate for dynamic changes in latency.

>>Yes.  Not only is there an average inherent latency, but it also
changes slightly over time as the processor becomes burdened with other
things besides responding to audio interrupts.

This makes sense. When I first used mBox and ProTools LE, every  time I
went to my other band's house to record, ProTools would get constant
buffer errors, even with high buffer settings. The source was simple. I
run a wireless network at home for all our notebook computers. My friend
doesn't have a wireless access point, so my wireless card was constantly
searching for one...that was enough to distract it and make ProTools a
lower priority....took me forever to figure that one out!!!