Re: AW: All-Laptop live?? (was RE: RE: A poll--shoes off?)

Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill wrote:
> Mhmmm...correct me if I'm wrong, but...
> The buffers are used to compensate for dynamic changes in latency.

Yes.  Not only is there an average inherent latency, but it also
changes slightly over time as the processor becomes burdened
with other things besides responding to audio interrupts.  The
buffer size has to be larger than the highest possible latency,
not the minimum or average latency.   This is a much bigger issue
with non-ASIO drivers since there is a lot of OS code between the
sound card and the application that increases the variability.

Jeff