Re: Plogue VST Host and Controlling Presets/VST via the notebook keyboard

dear Kris,

KH> Hi Andy, or anyone using Plogue -

KH> I installed this program the other day....very cool. I love the
KH> graphical interface...much more appealing than AudioMulch in my
opinion.
KH> http://www.plogue.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

KH> Anyway, I'm still grappling with the MIDI control thing now that I have
KH> MIDI Mate....I don't know why it is so damn complicated to get this set
KH> up, but what I would like to do is get a Berhinger MIDI controller to
KH> controll the Mobius looper (with the buttons), and then use the the two
KH> expression pedals to control effect parameters for VSTs I have loaded
in
KH> Plogue.

KH> However, what I'd like to do is switch VST preset patches and change
the
KH> processing mode of each VST on my notebook keyboard. Is this possible
KH> with Plogue? I don't see any settings that allow this. I'd like to be
KH> able to have several VST effects loaded in Plogue, and then hit a
KH> keyboard key to activate it or change presets.

KH> Kris

what you want is possible with Bidule. I do the same. I have setup
Bidule for the use of some effects (actually chains of effects) that I
can switch on or off by my midi pedal and I control Mobius from the
same pedal. this is also possible with the computer keyboard.
Setting this up is not so easy and I can't explain it in a few words
as you need lots of "bidules" within bidule.
Maybe not many list members are interested in this topic so you can
contact me offline, and I can send you some bidule-groups to help you,
or we go to the plogue forum, where other people may look for the same
advises.

Matthias

--
Best regards,