Re: small digital recorder

I got the Marantz PMD670 (which is the bigger brother of the one for
which
Hans provided the URL).
It's very nice (as I suspect the PMD660 is - and the 660 is much
smaller if that's an issue).
It is wonderful that there are no moving parts (no heads to clean or
wear down, no tapes,
no capstands, no wheels, no spinning disks, no transports, etc. etc.).
With a couple of
2GB compact flash cards I have over 6 (over 3 per card) hours of
recording time at 44.1MHz sampling
rate (straight to .wav file).

Last weekend I recorded a whole wedding ceremony on battery (there
wasn't a handy outlet nearby) using
an Audio Technica stereo mic (AT822). The results were very good. When
I got home I just popped out the
card, popped it into my card reader on the computer (I could have
plugged the recorder into the computer
but using the card reader is easier) and off I went (copying to the
hard drive and editing with Peak).