Make-your-own midi controllers...

Thought this might be of some interest here.  I just
read an article about a guy who makes MIDI controllers
out of Nintendo controllers (including glove
controllers and other weird things I never even knew
existed when I was a die-hard Nintendo user) ... and
he even uses them for looping.  =)

Here's a quote:

"I was using the glove and pad simultaneously in a
band. The best function of the glove was the buttons
on the wrist. I created a program that allowed me to
use the glove’s button data to select sample banks,
filter parameters, and switch between various uses for
the xyz and finger data. For example, in one mode I
could make a fist and dance out a simple beat on the
pad, then when I opened my hand, the beat would
continue as a loop, I could then add additional layers
to the loop by repeating the process. By pressing
another button or combination of buttons on the wrist
I could then select another mode such as the virtual
record-scratching mode to battle with the band’s DJ."