Slightly OT: headphone monitoring for home recordings

I just might be in the market for a good set of
headphones to use in home multitrack recording /
mixing.  I also have a set of near-field monitors, but
they lack a lot of low end bass response, so I was
thinking it might be cheaper to get some decent
headphones than to buy (a) new monitors or (b) a
subwoofer.  I currently tend to get very bassy mixes
without realizing it due to the monitors.  My goal
would probably be to listen to mixes both via
headphones and monitors to get a decent "picture" of
the sound I've got going on.

So, any recommendations on a decent (maybe around $100
or so) set of studio type headphones?

Other suggestions?

Mike