Re: EDP Brother Sync Question

Barry,

>Hi Kim and all other EDP users - Would you mind answering a brother
>sync question for me?  I have a newer EDP Pro Plus and my partner
>has an EDP Pro with max RAM and Loop IV.  I am having trouble
>getting brother sync to work at all.  I have a TRS stereo cable (new
>cable) connecting them b-sync to b-sync.  And both are set to
>Sync=Out.  I do NOT have a MIDI cable running between them.

all correct

>   I follow the instructions in the manual to the letter but never
>see the sync LED flash in the second unit (no matter which initiates
>the master loop) and never see the ooo in the display indicating
>that the slave unit is waiting for a sync pulse.

seems you are reading the Loop 3 manual
you should see the overdub LED become brown at the first sync and
then the time of the master on the slaves display after the second
sync pulse.

if this does not happen with the stereo cable and Sync=Out, I guess
you have a HW problem :-(

>Any idea why this might be happening?  We are desperately anxious to
>get this working as it is one of the main reason my partner traded
>up to an Echoplex.  Any ideas or suggestions?
>
>Finally, assuming I am able to resolve the first issue, can anyone
>give me more insight into how brother sync handles multiple loops?
>For example, if I have moreloops=2 on the master, but only 1 on the
>slave, will they still sync up and what happens when the master
>switches to loop 2?  Do I have to set the slave in advance to the
>same number of loops as the master?

no
but if the loops dont have the same lenght they obviously fall apart.
so either you make them the same length with Next- Overdub,
Next-Mulitply, Next-Insert, or NextCopy=time/Snd
or you do ReAlign when you are back to the loop you want to be synced.

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org