Re: omnidirectional (was: bose pa speaker thingie)

an other missunderstanding is about omnidirectional - omnipresent:
if a source distributes in all directions you can still hear where it is.
now, if a wave has no attack, we usually cannot localize it, even if
its a high frequency. And the very low bass range is nearly such a
wave

also, some get the idea that omnidirectional means it does not matter
where you put the speaker, which is really wrong because the closer
you get to it the louder it is, independent of frequency or
directionality!

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org