Re: REQ: loop devices and amps for busking/slightly way off topic...

yeah batteries rule.
i use the micro cube, dl4, volume/wha pedal, ebow for (busking?is that what ya call it?)playing the street.the roland gets a fair battery life from 6 aa's depending how much i use the ebow(that high saturated sound eats up power at twice the rate).i get a lot of charge time with the dl4 and it warns ya when you are getting low(about 20 min from ground zero).i can get away with useing fugi batteries from the dollor store(never the blue and white panasonics,and forget ever/ready)line six loses a little clarity after it warns ya  your low/micro cube stays stong till all the sudden muddy death...i think sitting directlly on concreate drains stuff faster but the could be just me..im all high on weed all the time so my judgement is sketchy at best...i carry all this stuff and a 12-1g string on my bicycle about ten miles to the art/tipping zone(great cardivascular but a long ride home)my mom just got me a bike trailer so that will make it a little more easy when i hit the road.i hope she brings it home today i need to go make some bag money.sheeesh what is the topic i strayed from?oh yea batteries dont leave home without em!

Bernhard Wagner LD <loopdelightml@nosuch.biz> wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to find out which battery-operated loop devices and amps exist.
(I mean portable and independent of wall outlet... for busking!)

From http://www.loopersdelight.com/tools/tools.html I collected:
Line6 DL-4
Boss Gigadelay DD-20
Akai E2 Headrush
Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delay
Peavey PVDJ
Boomerang Boomerang

So far, I know the DL-4, Gigadelay DD-20 are battery operable but I'm not
sure about the others.
Maybe it could make sense to add this criterion (battery-operable or not) to
the "Tools of the Trade" pages?

Are there any other battery-operated loop devices?
I'm not mentioning the Boss RC-20 and RC-20XL because they don't allow to
control Feedback: it's always at 100%, right?

In this vein I'd be interested in experiences of other musicians on this
list with battery-based looping, including portable amps...

E.g. Gary Lehmann seems to be experienced in this?
http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200404/msg00085.html

Thank you
Bernhard

Yahoo! for Good