Von: Travis Hartnett [mailto:travishartnett@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2005 18:00
An: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Betreff: Re: Building a rackmount looping computer as an alternative to
the Receptor for Mobius

> So your definition of pro or non-pro is entirely based on the
> economics.

Yes!

> Which would make somebody living off welfare and at the same time
> trying to get somebody interested in their entirely unprofessional art

> is a professional,

No--the welfare case isn't paying his bills from money derived from
music-making activities.  In a related case: Vincent van Gogh was never
a professional painter.

Bryan Beller:  no, wasn't a professional musician until recently.  Has
existed in the semi-pro years since leaving college under my definition.
Another related case: Philip Glass drove a taxi and installed kitchen
appliances to pay the bills until the early 80's.

TravisH